Wednesday, November 30, 2011

On the Absurdity of Santa Claus

Upon considering the required attributes of Santa Clause, I am appalled at the number of people who actually appear to be ieve in him and yet deny the reality of Jesus Christ. I find the latter much easier to believe in. So let's take a look at what attributes Santa must have if he's to be remotely thought of as real:
Santa would have to be able to control and pilot an aerodynamic sleigh powered by 8 flying reindeer. The last time I looked it up, reindeer did not have the capacity of flight.
He would have to make an absolute circuit of the entire world, stopping at every dwelling of whatever sort in every inhabited community on earth, and that in one night (WHEW!) He would have to be able to come down a chimney, survive a landing in a fireplace, and after distributing the goodies for that residence, rise back up the chimney (in which case, what happened to the law of gravity?) His sleigh and pack would have to exceed the capacity of Noah's ark exponentially, and still be manageable by one short but morbidly obese man. If you can show me a man who can accomplish all the above and never miss a beat, I just might add Santa to what I believe in; meanwhile, I'll just stick to believing on the Son of God, who did everything the Bible says he did, and (according to John) a whole lot more to boot. For me that choice is a no-brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment